Monday, January 31, 2011

Rio!

In 2009, I was a production assistant intern at Blue Sky Studios (one of the best times I've ever had) and I got to work on 'Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs' and 'Rio'. I was going back to school right as 'Rio' was moving into animation, but my friends in animatics had been working on this opening and although nothing was finalized, I'd been hearing about the colorful musical opening they wanted to have. As more designs and scenes have been released, I've been just as excited as everyone else to see these scenes for the first time. I'm glad the samba dancing has gotten thumbs up because I'm pretty sure every resource was exhausted for research. I remember several artists looking at samba videos as they worked and story artists going frame by frame on YouTube videos to check footwork. That's dedication! I'm delighted to see everyone's work pay off and I can't wait to see the final film. Here are the first two minutes:

<a href="http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-us&from=sp&fg=shareEmbed&vid=390a5af2-fac2-4e20-8b6e-4cc518d71596&src=FLCP:sharebar:embed" target="_new" title="'Rio' Exclusive: Film's First Two Minutes">Video: 'Rio' Exclusive: Film's First Two Minutes</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment