Monday, February 7, 2011

Salome - Pin-Up Art


Amici, for the past few weeks, I've been using my free time to work on this piece for the first Girls Drawin' Girls show of 2011. The theme is 'hoity-toity'; making low brow art out of high brow styles. I made a movie poster for Richard Strauss's 'Salome' in the style of Josef Fenneker's expressionist movie posters as a nod to film snobs and opera dorks (ex. me). The game plan was to make a 'Der Rosenkavalier' poster to accompany it, but maybe I can put that together for the MoCCA Festival. :)

This piece will be exhibited in the Pehrspace at 325 Glendale Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90026 and it is for sale. The show goes from 9pm-1am on February 12th, and I can't be there since I'm way out here in New York, but if you're in the area, please go have fun! There will be food, booze, live music, and a burlesque show! :)

Ta!

1 comment:

  1. This picture is so beautiful and captivating. I love the colors. I'm not sure how I even came across it but I love it!

    ReplyDelete