Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I've Been in Bat Country

Comrades!


I've been disgustingly absent from my blog because:
a) I've been helping Liz Artinian with getting the word out for Too Art for TV 5. It is a fabulous gallery show featuring the best of New York's animation artists and it is opening on March 25th this Friday! I'll be working reception so swing by to say hi and pick up a few pieces.
b) I've been prepping for the MoCCA Festival, which is going on the second weekend of April at the 68th Regiment Armory in New York.
c) I've been working on a super secret project with my awesome friend Polly.
4) I was in Austin, TX for SXSW. I saw seven amazing movies (much love to the teams for Attack the Block, The Other F Word, and The Divide), saw old friends and made new ones, saw a fantastic burlesque show, ate my weight in the best of Texas food, and doodled the above bats for a tattoo that didn't happen. (As God as my witness, it WILL happen...when I have cash funds.)

There's a bigger update a-coming, but one of my figure drawing sketchbooks has wandered off and I need to adjust the size and contrast of the drawings I will be posting. Just wanted to let y'all know I hadn't disappeared completely and there will be more work coming. :) Until then, here's the video I recorded of the Four Loko drinking contest that went on before the infamous second screening of 'The FP' (which is also fantastic). Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment